Yahoo! Another weekend!

Go down

Yahoo! Another weekend!

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Hello Youth Environmental Leaders,

If I told you to look under "Announcements", I was wrong. You're in the right place now, "Program Updates" under "Youth Environmental Leadership".

I want to say thanks to Nick and Sarah for confirming that they are coming this weekend; I spoke to Tony and he says yes, too; everyone else please confirm either on this site, with a phone message at the office (272-2292 extension 261) or by email mjm463@cornell.edu. We sure hope you're coming; we need everyone there to make this what it is meant to be. But we need to know before we go and buy the food.

We will meet at 9:30 Saturday morning at Cooperative Extension to van it to the National Forest. Our goal for the weekend is to make things a little more challenging and give you all more responsibility than in the past. For one thing, we will be asking you to lead us all in a game, activity, or teaching...not necessarily by yourself, but be thinking about what you might like to do.

We will be hiking a little ways into the Forest and would like to make it easier on ourselves by not carrying so much stuff in our hands. Ideally, everything will be on our backs...SO IF YOU HAVE A FRAME PACK (EITHER EXTERNAL OR INTERNALFRAME) PLEASE BRING IT. For instance Troy has been using one already.

Also, this time please bring 2 liters of water (which can go into your pack) instead of a gallon (which is hard to carry). We will be boiling some water as well, now that you know how. 2 liters is about the same as 2 quarts. A quart is 32 oz. The large "Nalgene" water bottles are 1 liter. Those little bottles we buy in stores are often 16 oz. You can do the math.

The rest of the packing list is the same as last time, although we don't need rakes or work gloves. Two pairs of warm gloves are a good idea, though.

We are excited for the weekend and hope you are, too!

Melissa, Tim, and Jed
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-09-17

View user profile http://primitivepursuits.boardonly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yahoo! Another weekend!

Post by Bex 2.0 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:55 pm

Woohoo!!! I am there!
Bex 2.0

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fledge on Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:21 pm

I'll be there! Very Happy

Fledge

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Just to warn everyone, the weather tomorrow night is suppose to be really bad that are saying almost blizzard like weather. And because of that my mom might not let me go, and i am argueing with her about it to let me go because i really want to be there but she might be willing to let me stay the day then leave tomorrow night. So i might or might not be there if i am not have a great time.

Sarah

Sarah

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Weather forecast

Post by melissajmueller on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:33 pm

Hi Sarah,

If it weren't so late i'd give you a call. Yes, we've been watching the weather forecast and there is going to be a storm. We're not worried about the camping--we expect to be cozy in our snow and/or tarp shelter. But the driving is a concern. In the morning we will decide whether to go to the National Forest, go someplace closer, or re-schedule for another time. We'll give each of you a call in the morning.

Melissa

melissajmueller

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down